maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)

Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1) - Laini Taylor "Once upon a time there was a girl who was curious with this book.. It did not end well." Okay. That was me.[a:Laini Taylor|324620|Laini Taylor|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1224474224p2/324620.jpg], what the hell??This book.. this.. THIS BOOK is EPIC. [b:Daughter of Smoke & Bone|8490112|Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #1)|Laini Taylor|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1338613368s/8490112.jpg|13355552] is NOT your ORDINARY angel-devil book. This is sooo good! The first half of the book is OKAY. I mean, the characters are amazing and the setting is beautiful.I've never been to Prague but I think that it is a nice setting for the book. What made this different from other angel books is the fact that it is a little bit darker, mature, no cheesy love scenes, interesting plot and amazing characters. It is a bit hard to find a good book with this genre and creatures since almost all have the same synopsis and character personalities. [b:Angelfall|11500217|Angelfall (Penryn & the End of Days, #1)|Susan Ee|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1319887835s/11500217.jpg|16435765] is one other angel book that rocked my world besides this one. Concept. The whole seraphim and chimaera theme is fresh and interesting. The endless war between the two of them is the catalyst for all of the kickass action and heartbreak in this book. The only thing I can't quite comprehend is the idea of (PLEASE: don't click if you haven't read this yet.) angel and chimaera doing the deed. this is basically my reaction:Okay. Movin' on.. the Characters. I love Karou! She's so cool!I love the idea of her wishing for her blue hair, pimple no-show and itching matters. She's also funny. I love the way she cares for her chimaera family and the real mystery behind who and what she is. Akiva is no angel, I can assure you. He is a killing machine and breaks rules every now and then. I really can't picture how he looks in my mind's eye, all I know is that he is so damn good looking and that's enough for me. Brimstone is one sneaky beast. I love him. That also includes the rest of Karou's family. And Madrigal... HMM.....I never really got the idea about the teeth, I mean, why teeth??Have I missed some important detail while reading? Love interest/Romance. is nicely done. I love stories that are sweet but not too cheesy. Karou and Akiva's relationship was interesting and the later part of the book revealed the reason why this hot angel is enthralled to Karou. When I found out about that part:THAT is the exact reason why this book captured my attention.The only down side to this epic moment is Akiva's own doing. I hope that the quote right from this will serve as a clue to what really happened/will happen. "Hope makes its own magic." Akiva, you handsome handsome drat.I have only a thousand high fives and praises for the author. The world building is perfect and the words are beautiful. The characters are all likeable, whether monsters or humans. The folklore is nicely incorporated and the plot is full of dark twist and turns. I recommend this book to all readers who want something mind blowing with a twist of paranormal and magic genres. Perfect 5 stars.