maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

Infinite Days

Infinite Days - Rebecca Maizel “Evil be he who thinketh evil." And I'm thinking a LOT of evil stuff to say right now. I am a mixed ball of confusion. There are a lot of things that I don't like about this book, but I also have positive ones to hopefully balance it out.First, KUDOS: Lenah and Rhode. Ahh.. a good dose of history and romance always gets any reader's attention. Lenah Beaudonte is a vampire who lived for almost 500 years and decided to go into hibernation and become human again. Rhode, her maker, is an interesting character. I can't help but think that there is more to him than the story let on. I like Rhode better than Justin Enos. EPIC FAIL: Lenah and Justin Enos. I don't buy Justin's character. He is supposed to be all dreamy and hunky, but No. Just Nuh-Uh. I can't feel the chemistry between him and Lenah. KUDOS: Beautiful Writing. Rebecca Maizel has a gift for beautiful words. I think she portrayed a very different Lenah way back when she was still a vampire queen and presently as a teenage student.The words she used are poetic and natural. EPIC FAIL: Three Piece. Hell, mean girls alert. But I suppose, I'll just stay on Neutral Ground about this one, they proved to be good friends half way through the book. KUDOS: Deviation from Normal Vampire Theme. A vampire queen who wants to be human is new to me. I think it deviates a bit from the usual vampire genre we got used to.Yeah.. No, not really like that. But, anyway, this is a good book but it's just not for me. 3.5 out of 5 stars.