maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

The Lost Prince

The Lost Prince - Julie Kagawa [a:Julie Kagawa|2995873|Julie Kagawa|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1257816454p2/2995873.jpg] did it again. And this time with a new series based from her previous Iron Fey . At first I thought that the enthralling magic of the fey will Fade with this one starring the Iron Queen's mortal brother, Ethan Chase. Well.. I was wrong. Ethan is a stubborn, non-fey-lover and doesn't want anything more to do with the world that his sister had came to love. He radiates too much bitterness with them and I felt a little for him because it tore his family apart. Thinking that Meghan turned her back on him, he tried his best to pretend that he doesn't have the Sight. But, the mischievous fey always come after him whenever he tries to pretend they do no exist, thus making school life difficult for him. He turned himself into a handsome, brooding loner.Ethan transferred from one school to another until he met a half-breed who was mysteriously taken by a new breed of fey- something unknown and sinister. Along the help of a new sort-of girlfriend, Kenzie, he was brought back to the world he despised. Okay, I must admit. The re-appearance of the Iron Queen, Prince Consort Ash and Puck thrilled me. I love them! Kierran, is also an added factor even though he is quite annoying. The idea of a new duo much alike Ash and Puck is exciting.The story will keep you guessing what the Forgotten really are and where they came from. I am also looking forward to the extension of Kenzie and Ethan's love story now that they both can see Fey and put in a heart-breaking situation. Kierran's loyalty might also be put into a test as the story progress.I also love that Julie used Filipino terms such as "guro", "rattan", "kali" (arnis) and "mang-huhula" even though they are not used that "properly". As a full-blooded Filipina, "Guro" is not used with proper nouns like this: "Guro Mai". It should be "Teacher Mai" or "Binibining Mai" but hey, I am no author. The story still rocks! 4.7 out of 5 stars.