maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

Sweet Peril

Sweet Peril - Wendy Higgins NEWS FLASH: My reaction while reading Sweet Peril. ANOTHER NEWS FLASH: My reaction AFTER reading Sweet Peril I loved the first book. I think the idea of Nephilims being descendants of not just your typical demons, but "DUKES" appealed a lot to me.The concept is like most PNR with angel-demon themes wherein one will come out of the light to save the rest of the gang and bring salvation to all and everything else. What made this so good is a protagonist who is a strange mix of both angel and the devil side fighting those two personalities and create a good balance between them. On [b:Sweet Evil|11808950|Sweet Evil (The Sweet Trilogy, #1)|Wendy Higgins|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1337613719s/11808950.jpg|16762455], I'm not sure if I like Anna Whitt. I'm pretty sure I am furious with her character. She's too naive, stubborn and the instalove with Kaidan Rowe, no matter how hot and steamy, just did not appeal much. However, on the second book, Anna matured a lot. I love the way she embraced her destiny and how she "pretended" to work as the daughter of the Duke of Substance Abuse. [a:Wendy Higgins|4279785|Wendy Higgins|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1308843362p2/4279785.jpg] improved a lot on her writing. I fell in love with both Kaidan and Kope's characters. They are very different yet with one goal to save Anna. It's a major swoon fest.The other Nephilims are present here as Anna and Kope traveled the different parts of the world to gain their trust and allegiance.There's no total kickass action but there are few close shaves which made this book a lot more fun. Oh how I love the the scene on the island where they almost got caught and a Neph was killed. .You've got to read this. 4.5 out of 5 stars.