maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)

Hopeless - Colleen Hoover I LIVE this book. Sometimes, when you read a REALLY GOOD book, it's hard to do a proper review. Others tend to do just a one word review like "AWESOME" or do a shrill fangirl dance with lots and lots of gifs because it's hard to express these thoughts with words. However, I would like to try and give [b:Hopeless|15717943|Hopeless (Hopeless, #1)|Colleen Hoover|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1353489892s/15717943.jpg|21389085] a proper review because it Fucking DESERVES it.First, I fell totally in love with the characters. Linden Sky is a good narrator and she's a bit unreliable. I got the feeling that she's hiding a whole lot of dirty agenda the first half of the book. But, even if she's snarky and make out with boys like it's the end of the world, I cannot feel any irritation towards her. Dean Holder is another epitome of male perfection with imperfections. I love him. I love his weaknesses and his efforts. His words are beautiful and so swoon worthy. "You don't deserve words, Sky. You deserve actions." "I've been looking for you my whole damn life." I think I just melted away.. Before reading this, I've read some of my friends' reviews. And I totally agree that 'this is not for the weak-hearted' or that 'you're in for an emotional roller coaster'. DAMN. The truth came out slowly and in pieces.. pieces that will tear you apart one by one or pieces that will combine together and make you explode like an emotional bomb. I read this one sitting because I can't bear the anxiety. I was so damn curious what happened to Sky when she was younger or why Holder is such an on and off jerk. As I finally got to the part of the truth, I want to smack someone so hard because I can't bear the tragic past that Sky had. I mean, how can someone do that to a KID? This book is swimming on a major pool of issues possible. The waterworks were open last night, I'm telling you.[a:Colleen Hoover|5430144|Colleen Hoover|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1333056335p2/5430144.jpg] never disappoints. I love all of her works. She's my official Queen of Contemporary Novels. I think I'm in love with her. I'm happy with the ending but will crave for a lot more. I can't wait to read [b:Losing Hope|17340050|Losing Hope (Hopeless, #2)|Colleen Hoover|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1368348507s/17340050.jpg|24075414]. Perfect 5 stars.