maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

If I Stay

If I Stay - Gayle Forman Where to begin?This is one of those books that are hard to rate and hard to review. Most probably because the story have a lot of emotions in it and the concept is too deep. I respect other readers' opinions when they say that this book is an "easy-read". But in my own personal experience while reading it, it was head and heart crushing. I feel Mia's sorrow and frustration as she watches her family gone before her and her little brother? Oh my God. That part was so heartbreaking! :(We often took for granted the things we had and have right now. We all know that life ain't easy, and this and that. But, with [b:If I Stay|4374400|If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)|Gayle Forman|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1347462970s/4374400.jpg|4422413], it made me realize and question myself if I had live my life to the fullest extent in which (in any case) if I die, will there'll be no more regrets? and I tried to put myself on Mia's shoes. What if I watch my family die and I am left alone to struggle through life's storms, will I make the choice to return? To be with people I am not sure who will be there for me? It's a hard decision.I can't believe that Adam stood by Mia after all that has happened. He is a man who plays in a band, who will probably have a lot of lady friends, but he chose to love Mia. Self-sacrificing as he was, I just can't get it why he have to avoid Mia or walk out of her life. I think he is exactly what she needs to recover. And of course... There's the sequel. :DThis is a riveting, beautiful story about love, family, life and death. Perfect 5 stars.