maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

Unbreakable (Unbreakable, #1)

Unbreakable (Unbreakable, #1) - Rebecca Shea WOW. Unbreakable.. Yet my heart is breaking into tiny million pieces. "Sometimes, shutting doors and letting go is the most important step in healing your heart." First Part. Whew. That was quite a roller coaster of emotions. The first half of the book was an easy and sweet read as Gabe and Jess finally got together. They've known each other for 14 years and Jess is practically part of the Garcia family. Their story reminds me a lot of the latter part of [b:The Avery Shaw Experiment|17660979|The Avery Shaw Experiment|Kelly Oram|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1363678578s/17660979.jpg|24651100] where there are a lot of first dates, stolen kisses and 'i Love Yous" it's sickeningly sweet to endure. Yet, I can't help but give a smile. "I want to be the man that loves you forever." Gabe Garcia is perfection. He is good-looking, hard working and has gone through a lot of lengths just to be anything and everything to Jess. He is worthy of any girl's attention any time of the day. Second Part. This is the part wherein, any good love story should be a part of. A sudden tragic incident will try to come between Gabe and Jess. My feels are all over the place. I felt that Jess's being a bit cruel for pushing away Gabe and the rest of the family, but I can also feel her pain. Her life's been changed in just a night and she don't even remember it happening. Grabbing the first opportunity to forget, she moved out East without even saying a proper goodbye to Gabe and Santa Ruiz, California. "Don't go." I whisper. "Love me enough to stay." Christ. I can feel my heart breaking into two. Third Part. Jess met a few awesome people while on North Carolina, yet she can't totally forget the man who holds her heart forever. BUT. Cue in the sexy music, for the sexiest bad boy shall come into the spotlight.. Landon Christianson. - 28 years old, a playboy and police officer, Landon never thought he'd fell for Jess. The man is WHIPPED. I think he officially joined my Book Boyfriend List after the most selfless thing he could have ever done. ".. My name is Landon Christianson. I need to speak with you about Jess." And my heart broke. Into a million pieces. But I'm happy with the ending. Though again it reminds me of another book ([b:The Notebook|15931|The Notebook|Nicholas Sparks|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1299206637s/15931.jpg|1498135]) because of the way the guy slaved himself to work on a dream house and waits for the love of his life. But sigh.. it's so sweet.