maikiamco

Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

The Avery Shaw Experiment

The Avery Shaw Experiment - Kelly Oram "Somewhere between the shower and the Red Bull, I fell in love with you. I'm talking epically. There is no coming back from a fall like mine." The Avery Shaw Experiment is a cute love story. It is a breather after reading action packed and dramatic books. I love the characters and the concept even if I think it's a little impossible and childish to do an experiment based on a "broken heart" and get away with the sappy theatrics at the end. Avery Shaw and Aiden Kennedy is inseparable. They grew up together, do things together and have their birthdays together. It's a kind of friendship that is so deep and too familial that when Aiden decided to do his own stuff, Avery got broken-hearted and depressed thus, the birth of the Experiment begin.Grayson Kennedy, Aiden's older hot brother, helped Avery go through the different stages of grief by taking her out, making her meet new people and forget about his brother. At the first few pages, I can't help but feel that this is a bit corny. I think Avery is overreacting. But, as I read on, I began to love the story and the characters. I love how Grayson played fairy godmother and everything. I like that he is straightforward and caring. I am swooning so hard every time he tell the story. The ending is good. I think it's funny that there are 2 Prologues and 2 Epilogues. I love this.