maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

The Elite (The Selection, #2)

The Elite - Kiera Cass So Fashionably-Good yet Very Frustrating. Oh my good Lord.. I terribly wanted to give this a 4-star since I liked [b:The Selection|10507293|The Selection (The Selection, #1)|Kiera Cass|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1322103400s/10507293.jpg|15413183]. But after thinking it over, I really can't do anyone or myself justice if I gave it anything higher than a 3 star.Don't get me wrong. I don't hate it. It's just... frustrating and quite shallow. I admit liking it's predecessor because I am a girl and I like swoon-worthy love stories with pretty dresses and cat fights. But after months and months of reading REALLY AWESOME dystopian books with a bit of love stories like [b:Prodigy|13414446|Prodigy (Legend, #2)|Marie Lu|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1336254717s/13414446.jpg|18712554] and [b:Divergent|13335037|Divergent (Divergent, #1)|Veronica Roth|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1328559506s/13335037.jpg|13155899], I began to slowly lose my interest on this series. Sure, I was excited to read The Elite, the bookstore even gave me my copy before the release date, but I was quite disappointed.First, Terrible Love Triangle. I love me a good love triangle, and this one is not good. America is simply too selfish on this book. I can't help but feel sorry for Aspen even if I was Team Maxon before. She keeps on asking for time, but she did not think hard enough who to choose. She keeps on waiting on whose gonna swoon her the best and then throw away the other guy. It's obvious that she'd fallen for Maxon but why keep Aspen waiting? I think she's a coward to face the consequence and be left alone if Maxon ever not choose her.It's like a MIGHTY REBOUND for both guys. Poor them.Next, This is Dystopia? Uh-huh. Well, the history of Illea was tackled on this one but nothing further than that. Personally, I think he's a DRAT. Period. The only dystopian thing about this is the Caste system which by the way is not even a unique term. Hello?? The Indians and Hindus have them. The Monarchy is a total douche, especially Maxon's father. Frustrating Prince. Sigh. Maxon.. While reading, I had the feeling that I need to understand his actions like I did with Warner on [b:Unravel Me|13104080|Unravel Me (Shatter Me, #2)|Tahereh Mafi|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340287622s/13104080.jpg|18276967]. But no, there is no deep justification. His reasons are shallow. Incorporating Freaking Twists to make America stay in the game. G-R-R. What the hell is happening here?? I don't even have proper, clean words to say to this fact.Don't worry, I am not totally in-hate with this book. I have good points too. Friendship tested. I love the scene with Marlee and America. I thought that the Selection will keep them apart. America showed how true she was and that's a consolation. Celeste finally got it. Ugh. I hate this bitch. I am so relieved when America finally gave her the slap. Good job!This is not some literary winner, but I'm pretty sure that this books was made for light reading and for those girls who love the idea of a Prince who'll sweep her off her feet. 3.5 stars.