maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
In Flight (Up In The Air, #1) - R.K. Lilley HOLY CAVENDISH. Well.. I've heard a lot of good comments about this book. A lot say that it's a better version of [b:Fifty Shades of Grey|10818853|Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades, #1)|E.L. James|http://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1372516342s/10818853.jpg|15732562], there are some who said that it's a bit dark and the personal demons are mighty stronger. I agree. "Life hurts. As long as it doesn't kill us, we weather it." Bianca Karlsson is a very intriguing female protagonist. Sure, she have her ups and downs and tiny moments of head desk. But, I am awed by how strong she is and how she tries to put herself up after all that she went through as a child. I just don't like the instaLust she have for Mr. Cavendish. Stephan. Stephan.. I wish I also have an Abercrombie ad model look alike for a best friend. I think he is the best. James Cavendish. is a man-beast. He is this hot young billionaire haunted by his personal demons, living with a secret and loves doing kinky things with women. I am curious with him. He reminds me a LOT of Christian Grey and I assure you that there are a lot of scenes/parts that will remind you of FSoG. It's like a rip-off. But made better.The chapter titles are interesting. I don't wanna give out too much for those who haven't read this yet. But it will certainly tell you what type of mood Mr. Cavendish is in.I found some lines quite.. disturbing. I suppose every one should be expecting something like that from erotic novels yet the idea of "destroying/taking your hymen" is quite funny and disturbing at the same time.The steamy scenes are all good. I love how gentle James can be when he wants to. The ending is quite the cliffhanger and every bit like the ending of FSoG. I hope the next books are better and deviate from the famous EL James book pattern.Ciao!