maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Unteachable - Leah Raeder "When life gets hard, you don't run away." WOW. All the time I was reading, I was saying:Oh. My. God.Oh My God.OhMyGod!OH MY GOD!!This book is so awesome! Heavy with explicit language and sexual content, it's about a troubled teen who met the man that will put her world into a wild spin, confronting fears, taboos, friends, forgiveness and second chances. "You can call it love.. or you can call it free fall." This book was very hard to put down. I found myself staying late at night because I can't get enough of the swoon and the growing curiosity about Maise O'Malley and Evan Wilke.I think what made this book very interesting is the fact that it deals with a lot of taboo such as drugs, prostitution, premarital sex and student-teacher relationships.I love the characters. I really like Maise as the narrator. She's angsty, prank and real. Mr. Evan Wilke is not a bad character either. I find him really really HOT.Wesley Brown is also lovable. I think he's a really good friend to Maise. His mom, Siobhan is the coolest mom. Ever. "I can't hold on to you. You're like that shooting star.. Just a trail of fire in my hands." The writing is lyrical and beautiful. It's not big on the conversations yet you'll find yourself smiling at times, giggling at those sweet moments and some head desk near the end.The plot twist is not that.. BIG. I mean, I had some doubt with Evan when I found out, but NAH.Moving on... The ENDING is CINEMATIC. I don't know if I have a better adjective for it.It is not a total cliffhanger and just a bit open. Just sweet and perfect. :) " This is what being in love feels like. Gratitude.Gratitude that you exist in this fucked up beautiful universe." Perfect 5 stars.