maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
The Hunger Games - Suzanne  Collins What took me so long to pick this book??? Thanks Arn, you're an influence on this one.First, let me say that this book is EPIC. I know, I know, I'm too little too late to say that, but I have need to. Or I'll burst into flames.. and replace Katniss at the girl on fire.. HAHA. Anyways, I think The Hunger Games laid out the very foundation of some dystopian novels right now. I think that it has full 100% potential (and it's true). Being a novel with a strong heroine, a particular love interest, death-defying actions, world outside the world and rebellion. And it also came waaaaay before any best selling novels of its sort. Katniss is a likeable enough character. I love the way she is with her family. She showed a strong nature despite her stubborness and ignorance with feelings. Peeta, on the other hand, I feel a little distant with him. But whenever he opens his mouth to declare his undying love, I can't help but swoon a little. I think I'll be vying for this man right here..This book is very hard to put down. I am practically screaming inside my head and biting my nails the moment they stepped on the Arena. I especially love the Cornucopia blood bath scene. (I'm such a sadist.)The action keeps me up on my toes.. And all night too. :DThank you [a:Suzanne Collins|153394|Suzanne Collins|http://d.gr-assets.com/authors/1346329320p2/153394.jpg] for writing such an awesome book!! YEAH!!! Perfect 5 stars.