maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey
Illuminate (Gilded Wings Series #1) - Aimee Agresti Hmm.. Illuminate is a story that involves a bunch of people ( note here: Marilyn Manson fans, the Illuminati and a bunch of vain personas.) who stars in a reality TV show alike True Beauty, the Apprentice and Supernatural. The glamorous life within the walls of the Lexington hotel is what made the story line fascinating. The description of the grandeur is enough to make your imagination go wild. Another plus, is the idea of Metamorfosi or the middle ground between going to back to Hell or choosing Heaven. This is a fresh idea using the concept of angels and I'm glad that the angel characters in here are likable. I especially like Lance for Haven since I can't figure Lucian out no matter how hot he is. Haven being a "soul-illuminator' added another twist besides being an angel and I am quite excited to find out more about it. I also anticipate the story behind the history of Haven and Lance having MIA parents. It is a good story about choosing sides and what is essentially right though not easy. Also, the fact that all can be given their utmost desires but for a very heavy price, one that does not involve Heavenly redemption. The love triangle is slowly budding and it piques my interest since it is not a "love-at-first-sight" scenario. It is realistic. The pace is a bit slow but the story is good enough. 4.5 out of 5 stars.