maikiamco

Antigoddess
Kendare Blake
The 5th Wave
Rick Yancey

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1)

The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series #1) - "The real world is where the monsters are." It's been a while since I anticipated a series which is more for the juvenile but also attracts the attention of adult readers. I think Rick Riordan did an amazing job with the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. Mythology is not my strong subject, but this is really interesting.I love the action, the funny dialogues between the characters and forces of mythological creatures. It's also cool that gods coming down and mating with mortals is the main reason why we have this series. :DPercy had no idea he's a demigod. If I am to compare the movie with the book, I say the book is better. There are a lot of alterations in the movie, such as Percy is not a 12 year old demigod fighting monsters.I like all the characters, even Hades and Ares. This gave me the almost-same vibe I had back then with Harry Potter and his advetures with Ron and Hermione. Definitely a good read for adventure lovers and mythology fans. 4.5 stars.